Friday, March 19, 2010

I Am A US Bashing Lib (Apparently)

Putting oneself out there is a very difficult things to do.
And from the general response and messages I've received from my latest vlog, I've definitely hit a nerve.

It constantly astounds me that the comments of a stranger can hurt so much.
Can keep me up at night, or make me doubt myself.

The comments of an anonymous individual who knows nothing about me except for the fact that I look young, naive, talk softly, and generally seem like I know nothing.
It would be easier to know nothing.
Because then I would think I knew 'the truth', and have the ignorance that comes with that.
Instead I know that I am in no way infallible.
And I try everyday to gather and learn as much information out there as possible.
Past that, there's really nothing I can do.

No one is completely right,
and neither is anyone completely wrong.
It seems like most people in the US political system have forgotten that.

-Lyla.

No comments:

Post a Comment