Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dry Felting A Baby Seal


A very special someone, knowing my love for crafting and little animals gave my the cutest felting book ever. 
The only problem was that I live in the Middle East.
And at times, it's hard to translate 'carded unspun wool', or trying to explain what a felting needle was.
So I spent the last few months trying to unravel wool (in hopes of creating 'fluff') then using a normal needle.
Suffice to say it did not work. 

So when I got back home to find an unexpected package at my door, from this same person (after hearing all my whinging about it not working), full of everything I need to make my own little animal!
It was SO exciting. 

I flipped open the book today, looking for the easiest animal (I don't like failing at my first try!) and decided to go with the little seal.
Isn't he adorable?
I have to admit that it wasn't as complicated as I thought it would be (given that I'm terrible at sculpture work, and there wasn't really any instructions).


I also didn't realize it at the time (because I was so into it/super excited about the outcome) but it did take me longer than I thought.  About 2 hours or so.

I introduced him to Soda, and they seemed to hit it off!
Getting to know each other...
A bit closer now...
Best Friends.
Talk to you soon,
Lyla
Oh and if you're interested, a new vlog is up!

No comments:

Post a Comment